Tennis Reopening Next Monday
We are sure you have all been waiting patiently for the much anticipated reopening of our Tennis Courts. We are now delighted to be able to play again from next Monday.
Firstly we hope everyone is safe and well, it has been difficult.
We can all influence how long the courts stay open by our individual behaviours. With the reduction in restrictions announced the virus will be delighted to spread more easily among us. We need to adhere to the guidelines set out below. We will have supervisors checking on adherence over the coming weeks so please respect their task in keeping us all safe and open.
Tennis Ireland have a Framework for Playing Tennis under Level 5 of the National Plan for Living with Covid. We will, as previously, be adopting their protocols.
For us that means:
• We can resume singles tennis from 26th April
• Doubles play is allowed if playing partners are from the same household
• We can share tennis balls.
• No competitive matches allowed – casual tennis only.
• Courts must be pre-booked and all players must be on the booking (names can be amended up to time of play).
• Playing time is limited to 50 minutes. Please set your phone alarm at the start.
• Please use the 10 minutes between bookings to vacate the club and environs.
• Players Under 16 years of age must be supervised.
• Toilet facilities will be open on a one in one out basis and will be cleaned daily.
• The changing rooms and upstairs facilities will remain closed.
• One on one adult coaching is allowed
• Junior coaching is allowed under strict Junior Coaching protocols
• Cancelling tennis courts can be done right up to the scheduled playing time.
• We will open booking from Friday at 9pm when you will be able to book three days in advance, i.e. Friday for Monday, Saturday booking for Tuesday etc.
We request that members only play 3 times per week in the first two weeks of re-opening to allow all members to participate in our much loved sport.
We also need to remember a few more things,
• Please ensure you use the sanitiser at the gate on arrival and departure and bring your own for before and after your game.
• Please ensure you walk up the avenue on the right hand side and down again on your right.
• Please don’t linger in the club or on the footpaths outside and manage your social distance from others at all times.
• When using the toilets please use them one person at a time.
Please don’t come to the club if you;
• Have any Covid 19 symptoms,
• Have been out of the country in the last 14 days,
• Have been in contact with someone who has Covid 19 symptoms in the last 14 days,
• If you or any close contact of yours is waiting for a Covid 19 test result.
• If you are subject to a quarantine restriction as per the Department of Foreign Affairs Travel protocols
• If you are feeling unwell.
Thanks for your support and we look forward to seeing you on the Tennis Courts in a few days’ time.
Please do remember, each of us can influence how long we stay away from another club closure.
Enjoy your tennis.
Barry Totterdell and Your Committee.