Thanks to everyone who has played or arranged to play their first round matches this week by this Friday 8th July. If you are unable to complete your matches before this date due to lack of player or court availability and plan to play over the weekend please let us know.
Results up to Monday evening have been updated on the TI website – see link below.
Senior Club Handicaps 2022
A couple of additional reminders
- The booking system has been changed to allow two consecutive courts to be booked for handicap matches only – in the evening please book at either 6pm or 8pm to maximise court availability. Also the courts can only be booked 3 days in advance
- Please ensure match results are emailed to email@example.com and written on the draws on the notice board
- Match dates and times for week two will be posted on the website and the notice board over the weekend. We will circulate an email to notify everyone once the schedule is available
- The TI software cannot hold the handicaps allocated to each player and pair therefore the handicaps will only be visible on the Club notice board
- Please make sure to review the Senior Handicaps guidelines (see below) before your match. They also include the guidelines for calculating the correct handicaps. These should be agreed before play commences
Lastly, we are hosting a fun Senior Handicap Finals night in the club on Saturday 16th July, 7pm til late. Tickets are €25 and you can purchase your ticket on Smart Club – numbers are limited so early booking is recommended. See attached poster for further details.
Enjoy your tennis and please come to support as the tournament progresses!
Mandy, Jenny, Paul and Greg
The following are guidelines for calculating the correct handicaps. These should be agreed before play commences. These guidelines can also be found on the notice board.
Where appropriate, 2 minus handicaps or 2 plus handicaps must change with the lower handicap adjusting to ‘Scratch’. Combinations of ‘PLUS’ and ‘MINUS’ handicaps don’t change.
- MINUS 30 (-30) versus PLUS 15 (+15) – NO change
- MINUS 30 (-30) versus MINUS 15 (-15) would change to -15 versus SCRATCH
- PLUS 15 (+15) and PLUS 15 (+15) would be SCRATCH and SCRATCH.
- MINUS 30 (-30) versus MINUS 15.3 (-15.3) would be MINUS 0.3 (-0.3) versus SCRATCH
Your WORST handicaps will always begin on games 1, 3, 5 for both PLUS & MINUS handicaps.